MCT oil scientific studies I Healthy living - Research Articles, Studies on MCT oil ,
1. MCT oil consumption as part of a weight loss diet does not lead to an adverse metabolic profile when compared to olive oil. 2008
Medium chain triglyceride oil can be incorporated into a weight loss program without fear of adversely affecting lipid profile. Total Cholesterol, Bad cholesterol (LDL) , and Triglycerides level decreased while Good cholesterol (HDL) level increased after Sixteen weeks of consuming Medium chain triglyceride oil that consists of C8 and C10. Distinction should be made regarding chain length when it comes to discussing the effects of saturated fats on cardiovascular risk factors.
2. Ketogenic diets or Dietary ketosis enhances memory in mild cognitive impairment. 2012
The preliminary data provide evidence that Keto diets by means of carbs restriction can provide neurocognitive benefits for aged adults with early memory decline and increased risk for neuro-generation. Replication of these findings in larger samples will be essential.
3. MCTs enhances energy expenditure and decreases adiposity in overweight men. 2003
Consumption of a diet rich in Medium chain triglycerides results in greater loss of adipose tissue compared with Long chain triglycerides , perhaps due to increased energy expenditure and fat oxidation observed with intake of Medium chain triglycerides . Thus, Medium chain triglycerides may be considered as agents that aid in the prevention of obesity or potentially stimulate weight loss.
4. Pilot feasibility and safety study examining the effect of MCT supplementation in subjects with mild cognitive impairment: A randomized controlled trials. 2015
MCT oil brain studies.
Intake of Medium chain triglyceride oil increased serum ketone bodies and improved memory in patients with mild cognitive impairment. At a plasma concentration of 1.5 mM, 18 percent of the brain's energy needs which is the deficit observed in mild cognitive impairment, can be met. Anecdotal evidence indicates that Medium chain triglycerides as part of a comprehensive therapeutic system are effective in reversing cognitive decline.
5. MCT keto diets for drug resistant epilepsy in Taiwan: A prospective study in a single center. 2016
The use of a MCT Keto diet for patients with drug-resistant epilepsy was found to be a safe & effective therapy, and may be considered to be an alternative for patients with difficult-to-control seizures in children as well as young adults.
6. MCTs Improve Cognitive Function in Intensively Treated Type 1 Diabetic Patients & Support In Vitro Synaptic Transmission During Acute Hypoglycemia.2009
MCT ingestion improves cognition without adversely affecting adrenergic or symptomatic responses to hypoglycemia in intensively treated type 1 diabetic subjects. In other words, Medium chain triglycerides improves mental performance in patients with Type 1 Diabetes with low blood sugar.
7. Dietary MCTs Suppress Accumulation of Body Fat in a Double-Blind, Controlled Trial in Healthy Men and Women. 2001
Consumption of Medium chain triglycerides diet shows greater extent of decrease in body weight, body fat and area of subcutaneous fat as compared to normal diet. Medium chain triglyceride diets are a safe and more effective method to achieve ideal body weight and fat percentage in individuals.
Shop online best MCT oil in India - We have both variants : Coconut / Palm.
( Coconut , Palm and / or Palm Kernel)
(100% Coconut source only.)