Keto Spinach Artichoke Chicken
A keto friendly spinach artichoke chicken casserole. Uses all of the tasty and delicious ingredients of a artichoke and spinach dip baked over chicken tenderloins.
Endeavoring to make a regular recipe more Keto friendly is much simpler than it seems . More often the carbs that are part of casseroles are only for bulk. More often the carbs that are part of casseroles are just for bulk. They are really there just to make the meal seem more substantial.
When you are eating keto diets / meals and that is the way of eating, you will find that the fat that is within the supper is much more filling and without the comatose feeling of those carb dense foods.
Some items were changed to more carb friendly items, but for the most part spinach and artichokes have low carb. It has only 4.3 net carbs per generous serving.
This could technically be made even lower in carbs if we did not use cream cheese at all. Replacing the cream cheese entirely with sour cream or mayo would probably lower the carbs another 8 total carbs for the entire dish.
- 10 oz of artichoke hearts canned or frozen - chopped
- 10 oz of frozen chopped spinach drained and squeezed of liquid
- 4 oz of cheese cream full fat
- 4 oz of mayonaisse full fat
- 1 cup parmesan separate into two 1/2 cups
- 1 cup mozzarella separate into two 1/2 cups
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 bag thawed chicken tenderloins 2.5 bag
- Preheat oven to 400 deg.
- Cut chicken tenderloins into chunks and put into baking dish. Season with pepper & salt.
- Bake chicken for 15 min. on its own.
- While baking, mix together the artichokes, spinach , garlic, cheese cream, mayo, 1/2 cup parmesan, and 1/2 cup mozzarella. Might need to get your hands dirty to get this mixed well.
- Take chicken out of the oven after 15 minutes and cover chicken with spinach artichoke topping.
- Adjust oven to 350 degree and baked for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes take out of the oven and sprinkle leftover 1/2 cup parmesan and 1/2 cup mozzarella over the top.
- Turn oven to Low Broil and get the cheese melty and bubbly and enjoy !